COVID-19 sAFETY PROCEDURES AT BMAC
What We Will Do
- We will be routinely wiping down surfaces (reception desk, door handles, waiting room, treatment area, eftpos machine etc).
- You will notice that ceramic teacups and mugs have been replaced with disposable drink cups (you're welcome to bring a keep cup) in the waiting room. The chairs in this area have been placed further apart.
- There are hand sanitiser dispensers placed in each room and I will be using this between clients.
- We will reschedule your appointment if I have symptoms of cold or 'flu or feel generally unwell.
What You Can Do
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have symptoms of cold or ‘flu or feel generally unwell. Everyone has been doing this already with the usual colds/'flus/bugs that circulate; I really appreciate the consideration you've been showing with this.
- Similarly, if you are a parent of a young person attending the clinic, please reschedule if you or the young person's siblings are unwell.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have been asked to self-isolate.
- I’d be grateful if you would consider using hand sanitiser when you arrive and when you leave – there will be dispensers in all rooms of the clinic.
Regarding a video or phone session:-
The Government has introduced new COVID-19 Medicare telehealth items until September 30 for all Australians who are eligible for Medicare rebates. This allows psychologists to videoconference with anyone with a Mental Health Treatment Plan who chooses this option. To book a telephone, videoconference or face-to-face appointment, please visit our bookings page or email our Admin Assistant, Sophie, via email@example.com.
For more information about current recommendations, please check the Department of Health website.
Last, this has been a very tough time for many people in the Blue Mountains and beyond over the past several months. Please travel kindly with yourselves and others and please let me know if you are struggling and need further support.
Thanks everyone, take care, all the very best.Gina